Starting Weight: 330 pounds
Weight Last Week: 301.4 pounds
This week’s weigh-in: 301.4 pounds
You read that right, not one ounce of difference between this week and last week. It’s really kind of strange and now that I am thinking about it I am wondering if my scale is somehow stuck. I’ll have my daughter get on the scale tomorrow and check it out, but I weighed myself several times today and it always said 301.4. Usually my weight can fluctuate pretty significantly depending on what time of day it is, so that is a little peculiar.
I will take that weight, if that’s accurate. No, it’s not a loss, but it’s also not a gain. After three Christmas parties, all of which involved all manner of calorie-laden baked goods, I am pleased to not have gained. Not that I gorged myself at these events, I tried to use proper portions and exercise some restraint, but I also didn’t deprive myself either.
I am a big believer in “all things in moderation”. I know that, for me, saying something is completely off-limits is a recipe for disaster. It only makes me want that item all the more and make me resentful that I “can’t” have it and others can. Then it spirals from there and I get depressed about where I am, start focusing on how far I still have to go instead of how far I’ve come, and start getting jealous of people for whom weight is not an issue.
I know. I’ve got issues.
So, while I do indulge my sweet tooth at family gatherings and other parties, I try to allot for it by eating healthier the rest of the day/week and by taking it into account when I am planning meals and such. I try not to let having a little treat derail my entire plan. So, not gaining, to me, means I was successful at keeping my eating under control. Of course, I would have been thrilled with a loss, but I am happy staying where I am at for this week.
Now, if this were to become a trend then I would know I would need to re-evaluate some things and see where I can change things up to jump start my weight-loss again. I am looking forward to seeing that first number change for the first time since I have started this journey, so rest assured that I am definitely not settling for staying where I am at.
The Chick Magnet weighed in at 232.6, his lowest weight so far! He had gained a few pounds when we went to visit, which was to be expected. I have always done all of the cooking so he isn’t eating as well as he normally would if I were there. He is eating healthfully, but just not getting as many calories in as he would if I were cooking for him. He lost 3.2 pounds this week and is only .4 pounds away from the 75 pound mark! So proud of my man!
- I had a good coupon to the Fashion Bug this weekend, so I decided to do a little clothes shopping since a lot of my stuff is getting loose. I had so much fun and was ecstatic to see I was down a shirt size. I didn’t try on any pants since I don’t really need any, but I know what I am wearing now are pretty loose. I pretty much live in my yoga pants though, so those are still wearable.
- I blogged a lot this week which I am so happy about. I have missed not having a consistent schedule with all the house preparations and traveling we have been doing the past few months. Now we are in maintenance mode though, so hopefully things will be more consistent around here. It helps me so much to have that support and accountability. You all are awesome!
- Still working through some emotional/mental and spiritual battles as they relate to my weight gain/loss and it is going really well. I know I keep alluding to it and I promise I am not trying to be über mysterious or anything. I will be sharing very soon. I hope getting some of that out here on the blog can help some of you all too, and maybe you can offer me new insights I haven’t considered.
- I wrote a guest blog post this week which will be going up tomorrow.
- Some sweet friends of ours watched the kids for me Friday evening and I enjoyed 4 hours of kid-free shopping for Christmas. It was such a blessing! As mamas, sometimes it is so easy to get so caught up in the busyness and taking care of others that we forget how important it is to take care of ourselves too. A little time to myself was just what the doctor ordered!
Focus for next week:
- I HAVE to get in a good exercise routine. This has really suffered recently, since being back from Florida really, and I know it is holding me back. Hold me accountable over on Facebook will you? I will try to post on there what I am doing to keep active. If you don’t see anything for a couple of days, you have my full permission to kick my butt!
- GET TO BED EARLIER!!! My sleep patterns have been all out-of-whack lately. There were a few nights this week where I was up until 2:30 or later and that just does not fly around here. I NEED my sleep. My baby still gets up and nurses some nights, The Chick Magnet and I get wrapped up talking to each other, and I have a whole host of things I have to do before bed to keep everything ready for showings on the house. All of this has added up to make me one tired mama. No wonder I am having issues figuring out my exercise routine.
That’s the truth.
How did your weigh-in go this week? Any adjustments you need to make for next week?
If you are like me, December can be an especially crazy month. How do you plan to stay on track in the midst of holiday parties, family get-togethers, carry-ins, and Christmas-time busyness? Share your best tips in the comments!