Menu plan, Week of February 27-March 4
Woah! March already, y’all! Can you believe it? I am super excited because we’ve got lots going on in our home this week. Friday night we are celebrating my boy’s 7th birthday (birthday is actually next Wednesday) with a sleepover (yes, I AM crazy, thank you very much) and Saturday The Chick Magnet is coming home!!!!!!!! We haven’t seen him since Christmas and I can’t contain my excitement.
The best part about all of that, though, is that it is a surprise for the kids. I can NOT wait to see their faces. They are just going to be over the moon! To top it off we are having a surprise family birthday party for my son, which is where my hubby will be so it’s just going to be one big day of excitement around here.
The Chick Magnet will be here for 10 days, so it will be so nice to actually feel like we get some time with him, as opposed to just a weekend visit like we had in December. Of course, it also usually makes it that much harder to let go when we have to take him to the airport. But, that will be the last time we will have to do that because the next time we go to the airport we will be picking him up and moving back with him. Oh glory, hallelujah!!!! I can’t believe it’s only 2 months away.
This should be a fun and interesting week to say the least with some fun meals planned. And who can forget that Wednesday is Leap Day? I definitely think that’s a cause for celebration. I’m not sure what we’re going to do for it but I’m excited nonetheless.
- Breakfast: steel-cut oatmeal
- Lunch: Out (Okay, confession time-there’s a local outdoor, drive-up type of restaurant that opens this day and they are having some sweet deals. No, they don’t serve one healthy thing but we always go opening day and it will be our LAST opening day, so we are going to enjoy it guilt-free)
- Dinner: Limehouse chicken, baked butternut squash, steamed asparagus
- Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, green smoothies
- Lunch: grilled cheese, fruit, sliced carrots
- Dinner: Cilantro Lime Tilapia Tacos (I’ll use Pollock instead of Tilapia since it’s what I have on hand), Super Salad (I had more leftovers than I anticipated last week so I just moved this meal to this week’s menu)
- Breakfast: Green Monster Muffins (These were such a hit this weekend! I’m switching things up this week-we typically have pancakes on Wednesday but the birthday boy requested them for breakfast on Saturday with his friends)
- Snack: almonds, green smoothies
- Dinner: Crock Pot Potato Soup, salad, French Bread
- Breakfast: homemade granola with milk/yogurt (I don’t eat the granola-while it is homemade and made with quality ingredients, it still has plenty of brown sugar and calories in it. I like to try to keep my breakfast calories to 300-400 calories total so I usually make up some eggs over medium or a quick omelet when the kids have this)
- Lunch: Slim bagels spread with goat cheese and homemade jam, green smoothies
- Dinner: Leftovers
- Breakfast: Homemade granola with milk or yogurt
- Lunch: Zucchini boats, cottage cheese, fruit
- Dinner: Party time! We are having Make-Your-Own-Pizza, popcorn, salad, breadsticks and cupcakes
- Breakfast: Healthy, Hearty, Whole Grain and Nut Pancakes (with pureed pumpkin add-in)
- Lunch/Dinner: Party Time at my sister’s. We’re having burgers and dogs and I am bringing lettuce salad, fruit salad, and drinks
- Breakfast: Crockpot Apple Oatmeal
- Lunch: Lunch out
- Dinner: Chicken pot pie (a family favorite for my hubby’s first real home-cooked meal in a while), salad, quinoa
This is a new feature I am wanting to add so I can have a better plan for easy grab-and-go snacks. I don’t buy processed snacks like chips, cookies, crackers or fruit snacks. But I have to admit, those things are nice for convenience sake when we are in a hurry or when the kids are hungry and I’m otherwise occupied. I also like to keep a few of these types of things on hand in my diaper bag in case of a hunger emergency.
- Granola Energy Balls
- Five Ingredient Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- Baked Apple Rings (Slice apples, sprinkle with cinnamon, bake)
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad (I admit, this is not the healthiest recipe. I will try and tweak it to cut down on the sugar content. My daughter saw the picture and really wanted to try it.)
- Kale Chips
What’s on your menu this week?
I am joining the Menu-Plan Monday link-up at Orgjunkie.com this week. Head on over to get some more great inspiration for your meal-time madness.
And as always, I am happy to post recipes for anything I have not already linked to, just let me know in the comments!