Menu plan, Week of March 19-March 25
Happy Monday everyone! So sorry I haven’t posted a menu in a couple of weeks. Having my hubby home really threw all semblance of routine out the window. He’s such a bad influence!
Not really, it’s really all my fault. I am interested to see how all of this plays out once we get to Florida as our routines and schedule will be changing drastically.
Family meal time has always been really important to me. We have always eaten dinner together as a family every night, no matter what The Chick Magnet’s work schedule was. We got some criticism from family members a few times because there was a time when it meant we were eating late and our kids were staying up later than the average kid because he worked so late in the evening. But it was just that important to us.
Now, though, for the first time in our marriage he is working a second shift. He will not be home from work until about 11 pm most nights, so I am not sure how we are going to work our meal schedule. A big breakfast all together every day? Making lunch into our “dinner” and having more simple dinners while he is working? Keeping things as they are and re-heating a plate for Daddy when he gets home?
Anyway, lots of major changes coming up VERY soon for us. I can still hardly believe it. But at least for now, and the next few weeks, I can try to build some semblance of routine and order in our lives before it gets all shook up again. I’m a creature of habit so any sort of change is hard for me. A change like this? May as well cart me off to the looney bin right now!
Here is this week’s menu-hopefully it reflects that still a bit of my sanity remains!
- Breakfast: Crockpot Apple Oatmeal
- Lunch: Crock pot potato soup (leftover from Sunday), fruit
- Dinner: Limehouse chicken (on request from my daughter), steamed broccoli, salad
- Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, green smoothies
- Lunch: grilled cheese, fruit, sliced carrots
- Dinner: Roasted Salmon with Strawberry-Balsamic Reduction (are you drooling yet?), Super Salad (This salad was so simple and yummy when I made it a few weeks ago)
- Breakfast: Healthy, Hearty, Whole Grain and Nut Pancakes (last week I made these with banana, mini chocolate chips and natural peanut butter mixed in-the kids said they tasted like heaven!)
- Snack: almonds, green smoothies
- Dinner: Taco Salad (Shh! Don’t tell The Chick Magnet, this is one of his favorites! He’ll be so jealous!)
- Breakfast: Homemade granola with milk/yogurt
- Lunch: Egg McMuffins, fruit
- Dinner: Ranch House Crock Pot pork chops (without the mashed potatoes, WITH homemade ranch seasoning), baked sweet potatoes, quinoa
- Breakfast: Homemade granola with milk or yogurt
- Lunch: Zucchini boats, cottage cheese, fruit
- Dinner: Pizza night! Homemade, of course.
- Breakfast: Green Monster Muffins
- Lunch: Out
- Dinner: Leftover pizza
- Breakfast: Green Monster Muffins
- Lunch: Out (We traditionally go out after church on Sunday-lately Chipotle has been a favorite because they just opened up a new location close to our church and they have plenty of healthy options. I LOVE Chipotle!)
- Dinner: Burgers, salad, Italian risotto
This is a new feature I am wanting to add so I can have a better plan for easy grab-and-go snacks. I don’t buy processed snacks like chips, cookies, crackers or fruit snacks. But I have to admit, those things are nice for convenience sake when we are in a hurry or when the kids are hungry and I’m otherwise occupied. I also like to keep a few of these types of things on hand in my diaper bag in case of a hunger emergency.
- Granola Energy Balls
- Five Ingredient Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- Baked Apple Rings (Slice apples, sprinkle with cinnamon, bake)
- Kale Chips
What’s on your menu this week?
Do any of you work second shift or have a hubby who does? How do YOU handle mealtimes at your house?
I am joining the Menu-Plan Monday link-up at Orgjunkie.com this week. Head on over to get some more great inspiration for your meal-time madness.
And as always, I am happy to post recipes for anything I have not already linked to, just let me know in the comments!