Menu plan, Week of April 23-April 29
I feel like I just wrote a post saying how fast March went and here we are closing in on May. My goodness!
After the good news we received last week, The Chick Magnet and I needed to re-work our budget again to enable us to save every last penny possible now that our move seems like it will be happening sooner than we thought. Because of this you will see lots of leftovers on our menu as I try to stretch our grocery budget as far as possible.
I shared on Facebook the other day that I spent $112 on our groceries for the next two weeks (for our family of five-The Chick Magnet obviously has his own grocery budget, but if he were here I would have spent exactly the same for our family of 6). That included new sheets for my bed AND a trip to the Farmer’s Market (and not one coupon was used)!
I will be sharing tomorrow the details of our shopping trips, along with pictures of everything I got from the store this week and my best tips for saving on groceries! Be sure to come back tomorrow. I hope to prove to you that it IS possible to eat healthy on a tight budget!
Here’s what we’re eating this week!
- Breakfast: Steel-cut oats (eggs for me-trying to limit my carbs)
- Lunch: Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, ants-on-a-log, fresh pineapple
- Dinner: Pork carnitas, cilantro lime rice (I’m going to attempt to make this with cauliflower instead of rice)
- Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, green smoothies
- Lunch: Grown-Up Grilled Cheese , apples, sliced carrots
- Dinner: Spaghetti with home-canned tomato sauce, homemade garlic bread, salad
Prep for Wednesday: Mix-up pancake batter
- Breakfast: Healthy, Hearty, Whole Grain and Nut Pancakes
- Snack: almonds, green smoothies (we usually eat our pancakes a little later in the morning and then just have a snacky type of lunch since they are so filling, and then an earlier dinner)
- Dinner: Leftover spaghetti & salad
Prep for Thursday: Make granola
- Breakfast: Homemade peanut butter, chocolate chip granola with milk/yogurt (3-egg omelet for me)
- Lunch: Egg salad sandwiches (a request from my daughter), fruit
- Dinner: Chicken pot pie, salad, quinoa
Prep for Friday: make up pizza dough, thaw ground turkey for pizza
- Breakfast: Homemade granola with milk or yogurt
- Lunch: Zucchini boats, fruit, sliced avocado
- Dinner: Pizza night! Homemade, of course.
Prep for Saturday: Make batter for Green Monster Muffins
- Breakfast: Green Monster Muffins
- Lunch: Scrambled eggs, fruit
- Dinner: Leftover pizza
- Breakfast: Whole Wheat Banana Nut Bread (made a couple of loaves last week so all I have to do is pull this out of the freezer-quick meal the kids can get for themselves during the pre-church rush)
- Lunch: Egg McMuffins (homemade), fruit
- Dinner: Leftover chicken pot pie
What’s on your menu this week?
I am joining the Menu-Plan Monday link-up at Orgjunkie.com this week. Head on over to get some more great inspiration for your meal-time madness.
And as always, I am happy to post recipes for anything I have not already linked to, just let me know in the comments!