Menu plan, Week of April 30-May 5
Wow, hello May! You just snuck right up on me. I sure hope you are bringing some sunshine and warmer weather with you!
We have a rather uneventful week planned this week. At least for us, compared to what life has been like of late, our schedule looks to be pretty mundane. Which I am totally cool with. We could use a little boring around here.
You know what’s not boring though? This week’s menu! I’m trying a couple of new recipes I found on Pinterest (Um, hello?!?! You should be following me over there!). I hope to be spending lots of time in my kitchen this week. We are trying really hard to pinch pennies wherever we can and that, for us, always means more time in the kitchen since our food budget is something that we can easily go overboard on. I don’t mind though because I love to cook. Hopefully, I’ll find a few keepers in this week’s recipes.
- Breakfast: Steel-cut oats (eggs for me-trying to limit my carbs)
- Lunch: Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, ants-on-a-log, apples
- Dinner: BBQ pulled pork sandwiches, salad, roasted broccoli
Prep for Tuesday: thaw chicken breast
- Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, green smoothies
- Lunch: Grilled cheese, apples, sliced veggies
- Dinner: Cilantro Thai chicken, salad, roasted asparagus
Prep for Wednesday: Mix-up pancake batter
- Breakfast: Healthy, Hearty, Whole Grain and Nut Pancakes
- Snack: almonds, green smoothies (we usually eat our pancakes a little later in the morning and then just have a snacky type of lunch since they are so filling, and then an earlier dinner)
- Dinner: Chicken pot pie (a holdover from last week-I didn’t make it because I totally forgot we had a wedding to attend), salad, roasted cauliflower
Prep for Thursday: Make granola
- Breakfast: Homemade peanut butter granola with milk/yogurt (3-egg omelet for me)
- Lunch: Egg salad sandwiches, fruit
- Dinner: Leftovers
Prep for Friday: make up pizza dough, thaw ground turkey for pizza
- Breakfast: Homemade granola with milk or yogurt
- Lunch: Zucchini boats, fruit, leftover pork BBQ
- Dinner: Pizza night! Homemade, of course.
Prep for Saturday: Make batter for Green Monster Muffins
- Breakfast: Green Monster Muffins
- Lunch: Out (we will be out of town for my kids’ Bible quiz meet)
- Dinner: Leftover pizza
- Breakfast: Green monster muffins
- Lunch: Egg McMuffins (homemade), fruit
- Dinner: Broiled fish, roasted broccoli, salad
What’s on your menu this week?
I am joining the Menu-Plan Monday link-up at Orgjunkie.com this week. Head on over to get some more great inspiration for your meal-time madness.
And as always, I am happy to post recipes for anything I have not already linked to, just let me know in the comments!