Menu plan, Week of May 28 – June 3
Happy Memorial Day everyone! I hope that most of you get to enjoy a nice, long weekend! A HUGE, heartfelt, thank you goes out to my readers who serve/have served our country-and you wives who support your husbands who serve. Your sacrifice is unbelievable and I am SO thankful for you! God bless you and your families! And thank you!!!
Having been apart from my husband for 8 months now, I have even more respect for those miliary families who CHOOSE this life. I don’t think I would be strong enough to do that. But I am so thankful for those who do.
As for me, my hubby gets to come home this week. He will be home Wednesday and we will be out-of-town in Bourbonnais, IL for the weekend. This will be my two oldest’s final Bible quiz meet here as they compete in the Regional quiz. The top five quizzers in each district (our district has nearly 50 churches-though not all participate in the quizzing ministry) are selected to represent our district, Northwest Indiana, on the all-star team. Both of my children have the honor of representing our all-star team this year and I am SO proud of them (yes, this is me bragging). There will be lots of studying going on here this week.
We will also be eating several meals out since we will be out-of-town. My apologies for the abbreviated menu plan this week. Things should be back to normal next week and The Chick Magnet will return to Florida on Wednesday-and won’t come back again until moving day!!!
Here’s what we’re having this week:
- Breakfast: Steel-cut oats
- Lunch: Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, cottage cheese, bananas
- Dinner: Chicken pot pie, baked rice, salad (Yes, I realize this has been on my last two menu plans-but I am making dinner for a friend who is recovering from heart surgery and this is the meal I always make. It’s much easier to just double up on everything than to make us a completely different meal. Good thing we LOVE my chicken pot pie around here)
- Breakfast: Green Monster Muffins, fruit (I made a double batch of these this weekend and froze some-we will be packing our breakfast and eating at the park on Tuesday. Normally if we do a picnic, it’s for lunch but we have had record-breaking heat here lately so we are hoping to get to the park early and beat the heat)
- Lunch: Peanut butter and jelly, fruit, carrots (We have to be on the other side of town most of the day on Tuesday, for my daughter’s violin lesson and dress rehearsal for a group performance-hence the reason we are going to the park in the morning, her lessons are near our favorite park which is normally quite a drive for us so we usually try to go when we have to be over there anyway. So lunch will be eaten quickly in our van between activities, so I need something that won’t get icky in the heat)
- Dinner: Leftovers
Prep for Wednesday: Mix-up pancake batter, thaw roast
- Breakfast: Healthy, Hearty, Whole Grain and Nut Pancakes
- Lunch: out (The Chick Magnet arrives around noon, s0 we will be out-of-town at lunch-time)
- Dinner: Pot roast, bake potatoes (we like to top them with cottage cheese instead of sour cream-so good that way), salad
- Breakfast: Homemade granola with milk/yogurt
- Lunch: Egg “McMuffins”, fruit
- Dinner: Pizza night! (switching from our normal Friday night since we will be out of town on Friday)
- Breakfast: Homemade granola with milk or yogurt
- Lunch: Out
- Dinner: Out
- Breakfast: Banana bread, hard-boiled eggs, fruit (I will make this ahead of time to bring with us-the hotel we are staying at doesn’t serve breakfast and we have to be up super early for the quiz meet so it’s easiest to just bring breakfast with us-just say NO to fast food!)
- Lunch: Out (we will eat at the school cafeteria where the quiz will be held since we have a short amount of time between my son’s quiz in the morning and my daughter’s quiz in the afternoon-I have no idea what they will serve. Hopefully they will have some healthy options.)
- Dinner: Out
- Breakfast: Banana bread
- Lunch: Chipotle! (my favorite!)
- Dinner: Cubed steak, baked sweet potatoes, roasted brussel sprouts
- Apple Nachos
- Roasted Chick Peas
- Skinny Monkey Cookies
- Veggie Chips (can use kale, sweet potato, spinach, zucchini, summer squash etc…)
What’s on your menu this week?
I am joining the Menu-Plan Monday link-up at Orgjunkie.com this week. Head on over to get some more great inspiration for your meal-time madness.
What are some of your favorite quick, easy go-to meals when you have a hectic schedule?
And as always, I am happy to post recipes for anything I have not already linked to, just let me know in the comments!