Menu plan, Week of July 9 - July 15
Helllooooo!!!! Is anyone out there? Have I lost all of my readers? I sure hope not because I have lots of exciting things to share with you this week and I’d be so sad if I was just talking to myself!!! If you have stuck with me during this crazy, life-changing transition that my family has been going through, bless you and thank you!!!! I sure do miss you all and am SO ready to get back into the swing of things both here on the blog and at home.
I am sure I don’t have to tell you that moving a family of 6 halfway across the country can be quite chaotic at times. This will be our first full week in our new home (there’s a story there which I will be sharing later this week) and we are working on getting used to the lay of the land, learning where all the best places are to shop for groceries and just generally working very hard to get used to our new normal. Which is totally NOT normal for us. It’s been quite an adjustment, and I am sure it will continue to be for quite some time.
However, I think making a menu and having a rough plan for the week can only help us get life back to some semblance of normality. So, without further ado, here’s what we are having this week! Be sure to check back in later this week as I have TONS to tell you about all that has been going on in our lives these days. Love you guys!
- Breakfast: Steel-cut oats
- Lunch: Out (Lots of errands to run today-we are a one vehicle family now and today is The Chick Magnet’s day off, so like the stellar wife that I am, I am putting that boy to work and running him all over town! I hope we can find a Chipotle while we are out since there is not one close to our new house and I SO miss that place!)
- Dinner: Mexican casserole, corn bread
Prep for Tuesday: Make bread, mix up muffin batter, thaw pork roast
- Breakfast: Scrambled eggs
- Lunch: Peanut butter and jelly, apples, carrots
- Dinner: Mexican Slow-Cooked Pork Carnitas (this website is a GREAT resource for healthy recipes-everything I have tried from here always turns out fabulous!) with homemade tortillas, cilantro lime “rice”, corn bread (Hey y’all, did you know it’s HOT in Florida right now??? Yeah, news flash to me too-so I am making use of the slow cooker as much as possible these days-expect to see more crock pot recipes here in the near future!)
Prep for Wednesday: Mix-up pancake batter
- Breakfast: Healthy, Hearty, Whole Grain and Nut Pancakes
- Lunch: almonds, sliced cheese, baby carrots and apples
- Dinner: BBQ pulled pork sandwiches (again, my slow cooker makes an appearance), salad, sweet potato fries, watermelon
- Breakfast: Homemade granola with milk/yogurt
- Lunch: Egg “McMuffins”, peaches, sliced tomatoes
- Dinner: Cilantro Lime Thai Chicken, salad, roasted asparagus
- Breakfast: Homemade granola with milk or yogurt
- Lunch: Leftovers
- Dinner: Homemade pizza
- Breakfast: Green Monster Muffins
- Lunch: Leftover pizza
- Dinner: Broiled tilapia, steamed broccoli, watermelon
- Breakfast: Leftover muffins
- Lunch: Out
- Dinner: Cubed steak, baked sweet potatoes, roasted brussel sprouts
- Apple Nachos
- Roasted Chick Peas
- Skinny Monkey Cookies
- Veggie Chips (can use kale, sweet potato, spinach, zucchini, summer squash etc…)
What’s on your menu this week?
I am joining the Menu-Plan Monday link-up at Orgjunkie.com this week. Head on over to get some more great inspiration for your meal-time madness.
As always, I am happy to post recipes for anything I have not already linked to, just let me know in the comments!