Menu plan, Week of July 23 - July 29
Happy Monday everyone! I just LOVE Mondays, don’t you? No? Must just be me then. Mondays are The Chick Magnet’s day off, so I’m always extra cheerful. We just love having Daddy home! And now that we are a one-car family, it’s even more of a big deal as we try to get a week’s worth of errands done in one day. Good times!
We are still getting into the swing of things around here. I have had terrible
“morning” all-day-and-night-long sickness this go round, so my desire to cook-or really do anything that requires movement-has been pretty much non-existent. I guess the one positive of only having one vehicle is that we can’t just hop in the car and go out to eat whenever we want. So, cook I must.
I have to say, I am so fortunate to have children who are old enough to help out. I didn’t have the sickness like this with my younger kids, but I can’t imagine having it when I had only a couple of toddlers in the house. My older son and daughter are SO much help to me. My daughter is becoming quite self-sufficient in the kitchen and she is a life-saver to me! I am blessed indeed.
So the goal with my menu plan this week is just to KISS. Keep it simple, sweetheart.
What did you think I meant?
Seriously, though, until this “morning” sickness lifts, my meals are going to be easy-peasy so that if I am doing the cooking, it won’t require spending hours in the kitchen, and if my daughter is on deck, it’s something that she can handle. So here’s my incredibly boring menu plan!
- Breakfast: Oatmeal
- Lunch: Rotisserie chicken, Greek yogurt, baby carrots
- Dinner: Out (you better believe I take advantage of The Chick Magnet being home to get a break from the kitchen-that and I have a meeting about an hour away right around our usual dinner time so we will just leave a little earlier and eat before my meeting)
- Breakfast: Scrambled eggs
- Lunch: Grilled cheese, apples, cottage cheese
- Dinner: Turkey meatloaf, spinach casserole, roasted asparagus
Prep for Wednesday: Mix-up pancake batter
- Breakfast: Healthy, Hearty, Whole Grain and Nut Pancakes
- Lunch: Pizza quesadillas
- Dinner: Broiled fish, baked sweet potatoes, roasted brussel sprouts
- Breakfast: Homemade granola with milk/yogurt
- Lunch: Egg “McMuffins”, peaches, sliced tomatoes
- Dinner: Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken and Rice (I will be substituting barley for the rice-never done that before so I hope it works in this recipe)
- Breakfast: Giant Breakfast Cookies
- Lunch: Leftovers
- Dinner: Homemade pizza
- Breakfast: Leftover muffins
- Lunch: Out
- Dinner: Cubed steak, baked potatoes, green beans
- Apple Nachos
- Roasted Chick Peas
- Skinny Monkey Cookies
- Veggie Chips (can use kale, sweet potato, spinach, zucchini, summer squash etc…)
What’s on your menu this week?
As always, I am happy to post recipes for anything I have not already linked to, just let me know in the comments!