Menu plan, Week of July 30 - August 5
Wow, is it seriously about to be a new month already? Is anybody else weirded out by the fact that the holidays are now just around the corner? Yeah, let that sink in for a minute. Are you one who likes to prepare for Thanksgiving and Christmas months ahead of time, or are you a last-minute “planner”?
Our holidays will be a bit different than we are used to this year since we won’t be with our families. It will be time to start new traditions. I do have to say that I am looking forward to our first winter in Florida! I heard a native Floridian once say, “Florida: where we have two seasons. Summer and January.”
Why am I talking about the holidays and winter on my menu plan post? I have really no idea. Just that the realization that another new month is upon us got me thinking about our upcoming schedule. Fall is always a busy time for us with school starting, fall sports, music lessons, birthdays and more. August especially is a busy time as we gear up for a new school year. Usually we do school right through the summer with a couple of extended breaks, but due to our move we pretty much took the whole summer off so I have more planning to do than usual. Add to that just the idea of getting acquainted to a new state with very different homeschooling laws and regulations, and my busy month just got even busier. My daughter’s birthday is August 31 (she’ll be 10-how did that happen?) so we always wait until after Labor Day to actually start school.
So, as usual, the name of the game around here is simple, fast, yet still healthy. My morning sickness is still a factor but it does seems to be easing up a bit and I have had a couple of good days here and there interspersed with the bad ones. I am sure it won’t lift completely for a few more weeks yet, so I have got to have simple meals on hand that I can make in a jiffy (does anyone really say that anymore?) or that my daughter can handle if I am seriously incapacitated. Not only does this make meal prep a cinch, simple meals usually mean less dishes and mess to clean up.
So, I give you (drum roll please), our menu plan!
- Breakfast: Oatmeal
- Lunch: Peanut butter and banana sandwiches, baby carrots, oranges
- Dinner: Mexican Lasagna
- Breakfast: Scrambled eggs
- Lunch: Grilled cheese, sliced tomatoes, bananas
- Dinner: Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken and Rice (I will be substituting barley for the rice-never done that before so I hope it works in this recipe)
Prep for Wednesday: Mix-up pancake batter
- Breakfast: Healthy, Hearty, Whole Grain and Nut Pancakes
- Lunch: Pizza quesadillas
- Dinner: Broiled fish, baked sweet potatoes, roasted brussel sprouts
- Breakfast: Homemade peanut butter chocolate chip granola with milk/ Greek yogurt
- Lunch: Egg “McMuffins”, peaches, sliced tomatoes
- Dinner: Baked chicken fajitas (Seriously-click that link and tell me those do not look so yum!)
- Breakfast: Giant Breakfast Cookies
- Lunch: Leftovers
- Dinner: Homemade pizza
- Breakfast: Baked Oatmeal (had this last week and it is SO good-definitely going on the regular rotation)
- Lunch: Leftover pizza
- Dinner: Beef stroganoff, steamed broccoli
- Breakfast: Scrambled eggs
- Lunch: Out
- Dinner: Cubed steak, baked potatoes, green beans
- Apple Nachos
- Roasted Chick Peas
- Skinny Monkey Cookies
- Veggie Chips (can use kale, sweet potato, spinach, zucchini, summer squash etc…)
What’s on your menu this week?
As always, I am happy to post recipes for anything I have not already linked to, just let me know in the comments!