Menu plan, Week of September 18 – September 23
Hey all! Sorry I am posting this a day late. We’ve been out-of-town for a couple of days and just getting back into the swing of our regular week. Things are great here. I am finally getting over my sinus gunk, although there is some residual stuff going on (cough, sore throat) it is MUCH improved over last week and I feel like I am actually going to live now, lol. It was a doozy, for sure!
We had an ultrasound yesterday-nothing too exciting. Baby was a stubborn stinker and would not show us the goods so at this point we are still not sure what we are having. I’m thinking boy, everyone else says girl. For those of you who don’t know-our oldest (10) is a girl and then came three boys, so while we would be thrilled either way we are all kind of hoping for a girl. It’s a bit early yet anyway (17 weeks) but we should know probably next month.
Everything else looked great and I gained a pound and a half since my last visit about 6 weeks ago. I will post more on my weight gain tomorrow with an official “Weigh-in Wednesday” post. Blood pressure was great, all of my labs came back normal and so far everything seems to be going very well for this pregnancy.
After seeing baby’s sweet face yesterday I am just getting so anxious to meet him or her and for labor and delivery. I will write a bit more about that in coming weeks, but I promise not to turn this into a pregnancy blog. I have a ways to go yet so I really need to try to sit back, relax and enjoy the wonderful second trimester!
Because I am feeling so good finally, I hope to spend some more time in my kitchen in the coming weeks. I would love to get a few freezer meals made up for when the baby comes. I know I have a while yet, but I also know how easily worn out I get when the third trimester hits so I figure I better take advantage of feeling great while I can. I also want to try out some new recipes this week since it’s been so long since I have felt well enough to spend much time in the kitchen. So look for some new things to pop up on the menu over the next few weeks.
Here’s what we’re having this week!
- Breakfast: Eggs, whole wheat English Muffin (this is what The Chick Magnet makes me just about every morning-he’s perfected his “eggs over medium” technique and they are SO yummy)
- Lunch: Grilled cheese, sliced tomatoes and avocado, fruit
- Dinner: Taco salad, Apple Nachos
Prep for Wednesday: Mix-up pancake batter
- Breakfast: Healthy, Hearty, Whole Grain and Nut Pancakes (with pumpkin add-in)
- Lunch: Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, sliced cucumber and baby carrots, Greek yogurt
- Dinner: Spinach Lasagna Rolls, spinach salad (I absolutely LOVE the Skinnytaste website-all of the recipes I have made from there are DELISH and they are generally very healthy and she is great about including all of the nutrition information for you-it’s a fabulous resource for anyone, especially those of us on a journey to health and wellness)
- Breakfast: Homemade peanut butter chocolate chip granola with milk/ Greek yogurt (eggs for me)
- Lunch: Egg “McMuffins”, cottage cheese
- Dinner: Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken, spinach salad
- Breakfast: Steel-cut Oats (for the kids, eggs for me)
- Lunch: Leftovers
- Dinner: Homemade pizza
- Breakfast: Baked Oatmeal
- Lunch: Leftover pizza
- Dinner: Turkey Picadillo, served with barley (another great recipe from Skinnytaste!)
- Breakfast: Eggs, toast
- Lunch: Pizza Quesadillas, sliced cucumbers and avocado
- Dinner: Out
- Roasted Chick Peas
- Skinny Monkey Cookies
- Veggie Chips (can use kale, sweet potato, spinach, zucchini, summer squash etc…)
What’s on your menu this week?
As always, I am happy to post recipes for anything I have not already linked to, just let me know in the comments!