Menu plan, Week of October 15 – October 21
Hey everyone! I trust you all had a fabulous weekend. We spent a better part of the day at the ball field on Saturday. We love baseball in our house and two of my boys are playing. It is so fun to watch them learn and improve. I might be one of THOSE parents who scream like a psycho when my kid gets a hit or makes a good play. I’m not obnoxious or rude, like some parents can be (though we haven’t seen much of that here), but I do tend to get pretty excited. Thankfully, my kids are still young enough that they think it’s great to have Mom’s support. I am sure it won’t be too long before I become the “embarrassing mom”, so I figure I better wear my voice out while I have the chance. Good times.
This week is an exciting week in our house with lots going on. Today we are spending pretty much all day in Tampa for doctor’s appointments. First, we are having our anatomy scan at my OB’s office-hopefully, baby cooperates and we will have an exciting announcement for you this evening. I will be sure to update on my Facebook page if/when we find out what we are having, so if you aren’t connected to the community there, go “Like” my page so you don’t miss out on the big announcement!
On Tuesday, we have two more ball games, Thursday is my birthday and Sunday is my and The Chick Magnet’s 12th anniversary. I have heard rumors that he is cooking for me on my birthday, which is why I don’t have anything listed for Thursday’s dinner this week. Should be interesting. Hey, it’s a night off for this busy mama so you won’t hear me complaining.
Hope you all have a great week!
- Breakfast: Homemade peanut butter chocolate chip granola with milk/ Greek yogurt (I eat a kid-sized bowl of this and eggs)
- Lunch: Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, baby carrots, fruit (packing our lunch since we will be gone all day-gotta make something that travels well)
- Dinner: Beef Barley Soup, Spinach Salad (Leftovers-I doubled this recipe when I made it last week anticipating being out of town and needing something quick when getting home in the evening-helps that it was DELISH!)
- Breakfast: Eggs
- Lunch: Grilled cheese, tomato soup
- Dinner: Crock pot roast beef, mashed potatoes, Spinach Casserole (Love to use my crockpot on game nights so I am not rushing around right at dinner/game time)
Prep for Wednesday: Mix-up pancake batter
- Breakfast: Healthy, Hearty, Whole Grain and Nut Pancakes (with pumpkin add-in-I eat eggs)
- Lunch: Leftovers
- Dinner: Baked Chicken Fajitas, cornbread, sliced avocado
- Breakfast: Steel-cut oats with pumpkin add-in
- Lunch: Egg “McMuffins”, fruit
- Dinner: ???
- Breakfast: Banana Cake
- Lunch: Leftovers
- Dinner: Homemade pizza
- Breakfast: Baked Oatmeal
- Lunch: Leftover pizza
- Dinner: Cilantro Thai Chicken (I’ve made this recipe several times-I always add fresh lime juice and it is SO yummy), roasted cauliflower, green beans
- Breakfast: Eggs, toast
- Lunch: Pizza Quesadillas
- Dinner: Anniversary dinner out!
What’s on your menu this week?
As always, I am happy to post recipes for anything I have not already linked to, just let me know in the comments!