Menu plan, Week of November 5 – November 11
Hey everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend. We have had a busy couple of days-hence the reason why the blog has been quiet. I consider myself to be a pretty good manager of my time, but when things get crazy in my real world it seems like my blog really suffers. It doesn’t bother me too much because I know I can only do what I can do and my life as wife and mother always comes first. Part of me wishes I could be one of those bloggers with gobs of kids who seems to have it all together and blogs every day. But mostly, I am just content being who I am and I can only do what works for me! But I still miss you all when I am away from the computer.
My third baby turned five on Friday and we had family in all weekend so that was our big excitement. Birthdays with kids can be so bitter sweet. I love to see them grow and change into the people God made them to be, but I miss them being babies too!
At any rate, it looks like things may calm down a little bit here for us over the next couple of weeks until we get slammed with the holidays. We won’t be as busy this year though since we are far away from all of our family. It’s a relief to not have as much to do, but we sure will miss everyone at Thanksgiving and Christmas. We are going to have to start making some new traditions!
Hopefully, getting my menu planned can get me into a good groove this week. I always feel like I am more productive and accomplish more when my meals are planned out. When you are responsible for feeding 6 (and a half ) people homemade meals three times a day, plus snacks, getting a handle on meal-time madness is SO important.
Hope you all have a great week! Don’t forget to vote, if you haven’t already!
- Breakfast: Leftovers (I have banana bread and granola leftover from our weekend with guests)
- Lunch: Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, celery, fruit
- Dinner: Turkey Meatloaf, spinach casserole, roasted cauliflower
- Breakfast: Eggs
- Lunch: Peanut butter and banana sandwiches, carrots and ranch dip, Greek yogurt
- Dinner: Baked Chicken Fajitas, cornbread, sliced avocado
Prep for Wednesday: Mix-up pancake batter
- Breakfast: Healthy, Hearty, Whole Grain and Nut Pancakes (with pumpkin add-in-I eat eggs)
- Lunch: Leftover fajitas
- Dinner: Broiled salmon, spinach salad, roasted asparagus
- Breakfast: Steel-cut oats with pumpkin add-in
- Lunch: Egg “McMuffins”, fruit
- Dinner: Limehouse chicken, stuffed portabella mushrooms
- Breakfast: Omelettes
- Lunch: Grilled cheese, homemade tomato soup
- Dinner: Out
- Breakfast: Eggs, English Muffins
- Lunch: Lunch-meat sandwiches, fruit, cottage cheese
- Dinner: Leftovers
- Breakfast: Eggs, toast
- Lunch: Out
- Dinner: Whole chicken in the crockpot (thanks to a FB follower for this great idea), seasoned baked potato wedges, green beans
What’s on your menu this week?
As always, I am happy to post recipes for anything I have not already linked to, just let me know in the comments!