Menu plan, Week of January 7 – January 13
Hellloooo!!!!! Is anyone still out there reading this blog? I have had an extended absence, really for no good reason other than being uninspired to write anything since, at 33 weeks pregnant, I am not exactly the poster-child for weight-loss right at the moment. Alas, I do still eat, so I decided to update my menu plan this week for everyone. Really, putting it out there on the blog helps me to stay accountable to it. There have been times that I had no idea what I was supposed to be eating without reading my OWN blog. So there ya go-I have at least one reader left!
Seriously though, if you are hanging in there with me, thank you and let me just say, YOU’RE AWESOME. I know my blogging has been inconsistent at best over the past few months and I know that can be annoying. On the other hand, it’s probably not going to be getting tons better in the next few months as I finish up my pregnancy, prepare for the birth of our fifth child, and navigate recovery and the newborn stage. I will do my best to keep you updated, as that is all I can do, but I can’t make promises at this point. Thanks for hanging in there with me!
I AM looking really forward to when I can get into weight-loss mode again, believe it or not. Even though I haven’t gained tons of weight since getting pregnant it is hard, mentally, for me to see the scale creep up and feel like my hard work is for naught. My head knows that isn’t true, but it’s still hard nonetheless, so I am looking forward to getting back on track with that. I will be back to blogging all about that in the not-to-distant future.
In the meantime, enjoy this week’s menu!
- Breakfast: Steel-cut oats for the kids (eggs for me-I have two eggs in one form or another every morning for breakfast while pregnant to increase my protein intake)
- Lunch: Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, celery, fruit
- Dinner: Turkey Meatloaf, spinach casserole, roasted broccoli
- Breakfast: Cheesy scrambled eggs, sausage
- Lunch: Grilled cheese, homemade tomato soup
- Dinner: Chicken in the crock pot, tomato soup, spinach salad
- Breakfast: Homemade granola
- Lunch: Chicken salad sandwiches, sliced avocados, fruit
- Dinner: Broiled salmon, spinach salad, roasted asparagus
- Breakfast: Eggs over medium, toast
- Lunch: Out (we will be out-of-town for the day for doctor and chiropractor appointments)
- Dinner: Cowboy Chicken, salad, corn bread
- Breakfast: Steel-cut oats
- Lunch: Peanut butter and jelly, cottage cheese, carrots
- Dinner: BLTs (I will actually use fresh spinach in place of the “L” and turkey bacon), salad, fruit
- Breakfast: Banana cake
- Lunch: Leftovers
- Dinner: Chicken pot pie, baked sweet potatoes, green beans
- Breakfast: Eggs, fruit
- Lunch: at church (our church has a café open after the service every Sunday)
- Dinner: Leftovers
What’s on your menu this week?
As always, I am happy to post recipes for anything I have not already linked to, just let me know in the comments!