Would you like to guest post for Fat Chick Fed Up?
Here are my guidelines for guest bloggers. I reserve the right to change these at any time.
Guest Posting Guidelines for Fat Chick Fed Up
1) Keep posts to less than 1000 words. If this is going to be a problem, please let me know and we can work on it. I don’t want to put a stringent limitation on you, but I also know that my readers more readily respond to posts that aren’t too long.
2) Posts topics can cover any aspect of healthy-living/weight-loss/fitness and I do not desire to edit your content as I want the post to be true to your voice as a blogger. That being said, I don’t allow profanity on my blog, so be sure to be sensitive to that.
3) Please check your post for spelling and proper grammar before submission. Be sure to break up paragraphs to make your post easier to read and more aesthetically pleasing. I reserve the right to edit your post for spelling and grammar. If I deem the content itself objectionable I will let you know.
4) Please submit your post in the body of an e-mail and submit pictures as attachments. Please be sure to to let me know where you would like pictures placed in your post. If you do not include pictures in your post I reserve the right to choose some of my own.
5) Feel free to link to your own content within your post but don’t overdo it. No more than 3-4 internal links will be accepted (you may also have one link to your site in your bio, see #6). I will also add links to my own content where appropriate.
6) Please include a short (2-3 sentence) bio that you would like to have posted at the end of your post. Feel free to include a headshot.
7) Affiliate links are not allowed at this time.
8) On the day the post is published, please direct the readers of your blog, facebook fan page, twitter followers etc… where you will be posting that day. In turn, I will write a short blurb to add to the top of the post, directing my readers to your site. Please do NOT re-publish your post on your own blog (or anywhere else). I am looking for completely original content that has not been published elsewhere on the web. Once you submit the article to me, it becomes the property of my blog. You may use excerpts on your blog or elsewhere but I would appreciate if you would not re-publish the entire post somewhere else. Also, by submitting your post you are giving consent that I can use quotes and excerpts elsewhere on my blog. I, of course, will give proper attribution if I ever re-post something you have written.
9) On the day the post is published please try to participate in the comment section as much as possible. I want these opportunities to be mutually beneficial for both of us and responding to comments is a really important way to develop a relationship with my readers and encourage them to click over to your blog.
10) Please submit your guest post no later than three days before the publish date.
Please contact me via e-mail at fatchickfedup at gmail dot com for further information about guest blog opportunities.