Menu plan, Week of April 30-May 5
Good Monday morning everyone! I hope that your May is off to a great start. Mine sure has been…interesting. That might be putting it mildly. Last week was a very busy and exciting week around these parts and I’ll be writing more about it later in the week in a “life update” kind of post.
For now, though, things are pretty calm in our household. I got up early today and my boys are still sleeping making for a very quiet, relaxing morning. It’s a great atmosphere for menu planning! So let’s get to it, shall we?
- Breakfast: Steel-cut oats
- Lunch: Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, ants-on-a-log, apples
- Dinner: Chicken pot pie (leftover from Sunday), roasted cauliflower, quinoa
- Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, green smoothies
- Lunch: Grilled cheese, apples, kale chips
- Dinner: Turkey burgers, roasted broccoli, seasoned baked potato wedges
Prep for Wednesday: Mix-up pancake batter
- Breakfast: Healthy, Hearty, Whole Grain and Nut Pancakes
- Snack: almonds, green smoothies (we usually eat our pancakes a little later in the morning and then just have a snacky type of lunch since they are so filling, and then an earlier dinner)
- Dinner: Cilantro Thai chicken (I made this last week and the kids and I loved it so much and it was so quick and easy I decided it deserves a repeat on the menu-that and I still have some cilantro I need to use up), salad, cilantro lime cauliflower “rice” (look for this recipe later in the week-my knock-off version of Chipotle’s rice)
- Breakfast: Homemade peanut butter granola with milk/yogurt
- Lunch: Egg “McMuffins”, fruit
- Dinner: Broiled fish, salad, roasted brussel sprouts (I have perfected my technique on this new-to-me veggie and OH. MY. WORD. They are like crack. Who knew I could develop a healthy addiction in the place of an unhealthy one? Seriously, I find myself hoping the kids don’t ask for seconds so I can have them! I used to only reserve that behavior for brownies!)Prep for Friday: make up pizza dough, make sausage for pizza from ground turkey
- Breakfast: Homemade granola with milk or yogurt
- Lunch: Smashed chickpea and avocado salad sandwiches, Zucchini boats, fruit
- Dinner: Pizza night! Homemade, of course.
Prep for Saturday: Make batter for Green Monster Muffins
- Breakfast: Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Squares (trying a new recipe this week!)
- Lunch: Jicama something-or-other (I love picking up random veggies and fruits I have never tried before when I am at the grocery and I got one of these last week and have no idea what to do with it-give me some suggestions!), roasted chickpeas, peanut butter and jelly
- Dinner: Leftover pizza
- Breakfast: Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Squares
- Lunch: Egg McMuffins (homemade), fruit
- Dinner: Whole-wheat spaghetti with home-canned tomato sauce, turkey meatballs, homemade garlic bread, salad (If I have to cook on Mother’s Day, I’m making it easy!)
What’s on your menu this week?
I am joining the Menu-Plan Monday link-up at Orgjunkie.com this week. Head on over to get some more great inspiration for your meal-time madness.
Have you ever tried jicama before? Do you have any great recipes using jicama?
And as always, I am happy to post recipes for anything I have not already linked to, just let me know in the comments!